17th ANNUAL SESSION
Start YOUR Career on FIRE with the
Summer 2016 INTERNATIONAL HUMAN CADAVER PROSECTION PROGRAM
May 31 - July 28, 2016 (See specific dates online for activities and events)
at the Indiana University School of Medicine - Northwest
Dunes Medical Professional Building, 3400 Broadway, Gary, Indiana 46408
APPLICATION DEADLINE: *** MARCH 25, 2016 ***
Applications for the Summer 2015 INTERNATIONAL HUMAN CADAVER PROSECTION PROGRAM are now being accepted. Participants will learn human gross anatomy, radiology/medical imaging, and the art of skillful dissection of human cadavers. The IHCPP is an intensive experience of “hands-on” dissection. Participants who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and certification for work with biohazards & blood-borne pathogens. SPECIAL Awards will be presented. [CME Credit is offered]
Events for 2015 include:
· NEW Human Gross Anatomy and Radiology Training Sessions. Sessions will include human gross anatomy, radiology (and ultrasound) and embryology; surgical techniques, histology, and anatomy research and clinical discussions.
· Reaching Out – A Prosthetics & Orthotic Limb Workshop. Rocco Prosthetics and Orthotic Center will present a Prosthetics & Orthotic Workshop allowing participants to evaluate amputee patients, and an outdoor Running Clinic.
· Total Knee Arthroplasty. Representatives from DePuy, Inc. (DePuy Orthopaedics) will conduct an on-site surgical, orthopedic workshop.
· Suturing Workshop. Methodist Hospital (NEA) ER Physicians will hold a hands-on suturing workshop, where participant will gain experience with various suturing techniques for various wounds/injuries created on human cadavers.
· Cadaver-Based Medical Imaging. Expanded, hands-on medical imaging of human adult and fetal cadavers (U.S., CT Scan, MRI Scan and plain X-ray).
· Neuroscience Workshop: Neuroanatomy of the human brain and spinal cord will be reviewed with wet specimens.
· Ultrasound Workshop. Participants will use the new, hand-held, GE VScan and learn about cutting-edge ultrasound technology and to scan each other as well as adult and fetal first patients.
· HUMAN CADVER PROSECTION. Highly-skilled, hands-on dissection yielding the best representations of human gross anatomy and anatomical relationships.
· NEW SERVICE Project. Prosectors will participate in a community service project emphasizing that service is a part of a career both inside and outside of the laboratory.
APPLY for this program and DOWNLOAD the EVENTS SCHEDULE and PROGRAM BROCHURE at http://iusm-nw.medicine.iu.edu (Click on the CADAVER PROSECTION PROGRAM link.)
VISIT our FACEBOOK Page at: http://www.facebook.com/ProsectionProgram
(also see our video on Facebook)
The 7th Asia Pacific International Congress of Anatomists will be held at the National University of Singapore, Singapore from 17th - 20th March 2016.
Abstract Submission Deadline is 15 December 2015.
Further information available at medicine.nus.edu.sg/ant/apica/home.html
There will be many Regional and International Experts in Anatomy, Anatomy Education, Technology in Anatomy, Clinical Anatomy, Surgical Anatomy, Neuroanatomy and Neuroscience, Microscopy, Cell Biology as well as many other areas will be covered during the conference.
In recent years plastination has begun to revolutionize the way in which human and veterinary gross anatomy can be presented to students around the world. The plastination methodology consists of slowly replacing tissue fluid with a polymer, under vacuum. The more popular plastination technique is based on a very common polymer, silicone. This MOOC is aimed at introducing those who are interested in plastination into the S10 plastination technique. The course is divided in four main modules and an introduction one attending the main steps of the technique: specimen preparation and fixation, dehydration, impregnation and curing.
The link to the MOOC is here
“Plastination Workshop in Murcia, Spain December 15-18, 2015”
On behalf of the organisers ....
"It is the pleasure to inform you of the XVth Edition of our Plastination Courses in Murcia, Spain. The basic principles of silicone plastination (S10 Technique) will be held on December 15-16, and sheet plastination (P40 and E12 Techniques) will be held on December 17-18. The two workshops will offer a unique opportunity of hands on experience. The Pre-registration is now open and there are only a few places left.
Please visit the following link to get access into the Preliminary program and Pre-registration on-line system at: http://www.um.es/anatvet/curso-plastinacion.php
Best regards and many thanks.
Office: 34-868 884697
Plastination lab: 34- 868- 884692
***** SUMMER 2014 INTERNATIONAL HUMAN CADAVER PROSECTION PROGRAM *****
a Global Community Event in Northwest Indiana
THE 2014 APPLICATION PROCESS is NOW OPEN. All application materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 30, 2014. Candidates will be notified of their status near April 30, 2014.
See the CADAVER PROSECTION Tab at: http://iusm-nw.medicine.iu.edu/
also check us out on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/ProsectionProgram
SUMMER 2014 IHCPP EVENTS: NEW Training Sessions
Added Anatomy Research & Clinical Session
NEW Suturing Workshop
REACHING OUT - A Prosthetic & Orthotic Workshop; Running Clinic (Rocco Prosthetics & Orthotic Center)
Total Knee Arthorplasty (Depuy Orthopedics, Inc.)
Expanded Medical Imaging: US, CT, MRI, plain x-ray
DOWNLOAD the Complete Summer Events Schedule, Flyer and NEW PROGRAM BROCHURE for the 2014 PROGRAM.
SUMMER 2014 Training begins in June 2014.